The Trail starts at the former New Quay Tourist Office - now a cafe. This modern building is built on the site of a former Lime Kiln.
London House - near the Pier, was once the home and shop of Dylan Thomas' friend Norman Evans. He was thought to be the inspiration for 'Under Milk Wood's' 'Nogood Boyo'. Now it is 'The Corner Shop' and New Quay Post Office.
Just up Church Street from the pier is the pub called the Dolau Inn. This was the favourite pub of Caitlin, Dylan's wife. The actors Richard Burton and Paul Schofield also drank here when visiting New Quay. The pub has now closed and is being converted to accommodation by Brains Brewery.
The building that now houses the public toilets was once the old lifeboat station. Retired sea captains would meet here daily to gossip and it became known as Cnwc y Glap.
This building was once owned by 'Auntie Cat' from Under Milk Wood. This property has recently been renovated and is now a wine bar and bistro. This property has been converted from a pub to a wine bar and bistro.
This was how the Blue Bell looked in Dylan Thomas' time in New Quay. The image is taken from the film 'The Constant Husband' starring Rex Harrison and filmed in 1954. It is now much changed, as is the old New Quay Hotel in the background - now converted into apartments and retail outlets
The 'Hungry Trout' Restaurant has now closed down and is under renovation. It used to be the post office where Dylan Thomas posted his scripts to London. This is presently no longer a restaurant but is in the process of renovation.
The Black Lion Hotel was Dylan's favourite and was owned by his friend Jack Pat (Patrick). Gomer House across the road was the home of Captain Tom Polly, Dylan's inspiration for Captain Cat.
The Sea Horse used to be known as the 'Commercial'. Prior to that it was known as the Sailor's Home Arms - providing the name for 'Under Milk Wood's 'Sailor's Arms. This summer the road closure barriers for Glanmor Terrace are outsie the Sea Horse.
Across the car park from the Sea Horse can be seen the Towyn Chapel. The Minister here in Dylan's time was Orchwy Bowen - both a Poet and a Preacher as was Eli Jenkins in 'Under Milk Wood'. Opposite the Chapel is the New Quay Memorial Hall, known in 'Under Milk Wood' as the 'Welfare Hall'.
Wendowel' is on the left along Towyn Road past the Chapel. It was once the home of Elizabeth Williams and Theodosia Legg, Dylan's Aunt and Cousin. He often stayed here with them in the 1930's.
The 'Costcutter' shop is on the site of the bakery once run by Mr. John - 'Dai Bread'. There is no suggestion that Mr. John had two wives!
Manchester House was once a drapers similar to that run by Mog Edwards in Llareggub. This shop has been through many changes. Today it is gin shop.
Brongwyn Lane once ran round the coast from New Quay to Dylan's home 'Majoda'. However, much of the coast here - including Maesgwyn Farm - mentioned at the beginning of 'Under Milk Wood', has been washed away.
The Llanina Mansion - Plas Llanina has been restored having almost fallen into ruin since Dylan's time here. It was once owned by Lord Howard de Walden - a patron of Dylan Thomas. Dylan wrote in the 'Apple House' at the end of the garden - sadly now dilapidated.
Dylan lived in the bungalow called 'Majoda' from September 1944 to July 1945. Here he wrote many poems and scripts including 'Quite early one morning'. He also started 'under Milk Wood' while living here. The original house has been replaced by a more modern bungalow.
For the film 'The edge of love, Majoda was re-created on a film set in the nearby 'Charlie's Field'. The film features Matthew Rhys, Keira Knightly and Sienna Miller, and includes the shooting incident with William Killick.
Ffynnonfeddyg' is close to 'Majoda'. It was once the home of Dylan's friend's Vera and William Killick. After an argument, Killick was involved in a shooting incident at 'Majoda'although found not guilty' The present Spanish style house is much changed and is now a guesthouse.
Matthew Rhys and Keira Knightley starred as Dylan and Caitlin Thomas in the 2008 film 'The Edge of Love', filmed on location in New Quay.
Dylan Thomas often wrote in the Apple House in the garden of Llanina Mansion when it was owned by Lord Howard de Walden. Regrettably, it has now become a ruin.